Friday, June 16, 2006

An interesting day

Yesterday was quite interesting for me at my work at Staples. As an associate of Staples I am expected to sell Product Service and Replacement plans. This past week my store has been doing very poorly on sales of plans. In the past 2 weeks I was only able to sell $25 worth of plans and we also weren't doing well in other departments. My direct supervisor was under a lot of pressure to sell and was receiving about 3 phone calls a day getting chewed out for not meeting Company Expectations. I was very worried that I may be "let go." This past week in Elders Quorum we had talked about the power of Prayer. I pondered over my work and decided to pray to the Lord. I told him how I needed to sell more Product Service and Replacement plans, and could he please guide and help me do this. The next day when I arrived at work, my supervisor was already in the back on a conference call about our department's sales. The moment I arrived on the floor I helped a gentleman get a new printer (HP K550) with a $30 service plan. Then a few minutes later I helped a lady buy two camera's (Sony Cybershot W30 and S600) each with a product replacement plan (totaling approx. $90), and some memory cards, and a camera Printer and some ink and paper and a full size printer with paper and ink. I was astounded by how my prayers were answered so quickly and so well. I no longer have to worry about losing my job and I feel great about work again. I thought you would all enjoy this story and I hope you have all had wonderful weeks.
- Joe

2 comments:

Wendy and John said...

That is great news! Thanks for the reminder Joe. I appreciate you sharing this with us. Great work!

Anna B said...

Congratulations on such a great day. Staples sure is lucky to have such a great guy working for them. You're fantastic!