Monday, July 20, 2009

Things that Don and Amy must do in Australia

Denmark, not being a high priority on my vacation dream, it was tough to make a list of what Don and Amy must do. But now that they are going to be in Australia here is a list of things that I think they must do while they are there.

Things that must be done in the land down-under
  • You must see the All-Blacks vs The Wallabies (Australia vs NZ Rugby, in Australia, Aug 22, 2009)
  • Find out if the toilets really do flush Clockwise (rather than Counter clockwise as in the States)
  • Go to the Sydney Opera House
  • See a Kangaroo in the wild
  • Get an accent
  • Get a Boomerang
  • Eat Vegemite sandwiches
  • Do a Tim Tam Slam (Tim Tam's and Milo drink. Bite of each end of the cookie and drink Milo through it like a straw)
and remember that while you're down under that we are Happy as Larry for ya!

9 comments:

Anna B said...

this is a phenomenal to do list. love it. and, in fact, i say we all go to that rugby game!

Linda Bennion said...

Great list, Mate! Love you Joe!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

The rugby game sounds awesome. I would love to go. I hope our kids get an accent, and I am pretty sure Don will pick it up. I don't think Don will be able to help it. He was in London for a week and started picking up a British accent!!

And Joe, could you clarify what vegemite is? I know the name, but don't have a clue what it is...

Amy

John said...

Joe,
That is one of the best posts ever. Well done!

Love,
Wendy

Joe said...

So Vegemite is a Sandwich spread like Peanut Butter, or Marmalade, but it is made out of concentrated yeast. It is a National favorite food, but is characterized by it's strong taste. Try with caution. also don't forget to click the links for Tim Tam Slam's. They gives more information.

Robin Burton said...

please post the answers when you know. I am curious!

Anna B said...

vegemite is nasty! this post is awesome. and i want a tim tam slam!

Wendy and John said...

Love the instructional video. I'm going to look online and see where I can buy some. I could go for some HobNobs right now, too. :)

Wendy

Naima said...

I've tried the vegemite. (Not a winner in my humble opinion) Kind of like spreading a yeast dip on your bread. Don't think it will win the kids over :)