Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pictures up FINALLY!

Thanks to John I got busy and hung the pictures with great help from the Casa staff.

Truth be known I indicated where and what height and the Casa staff person did the rest.

This first picture is one end of the living room.



This is the pen and ink picture we received from my Mom and Paul. Mom and I always treasured it since it was our first piece of real art.



These are pictures in the corner of the living room going into the kitchen.


These are the pictures opposite the conversation area. These picture also came compliments of my Mom and Paul. The one on the right was painted on a piece of plywood and was a bone of contention between Mom and me. She hated it and I loved it.



This picture is from Kauai coastline and is on the wall at the entrance to the kitchen from the dining area.


This picture was one of Mom's favorites. We acquired it after a visit to the renuncula (spelling) fields in Del Mar.

This as you can see is my bedroom computer center. The painting is by a University of Hawaii student of a house in Waikele valley on Oahu. The two to the right are a picture of my brother Burke and his wings and dog tags.


This is the group of paintings in the dining area. Burke painted the two on either side of the scene from Maui.

I hope that you can come visit sometime to see my new apartment and to provide great pleasure to me.

8 comments:

Robin Burton said...

Awesome job Dad! Looks great. Can you take more pictures of the room so I can see pictures in relation to furniture. Love you and look forward to a future visit. LOVE Robin

John said...

Nice work! You were much faster than Wendy and I were when we hung ours up. They look excellent. My favorites are still Uncle Burke's-especially the boy drinking the coconut milk. Is the Kauai coastline picture new? I have not seen it before.

Robert Dunlap said...

We have had the Kauai picture since the early eighties. It is of the Napili coast.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Beautiful pictures! You have a great eye for art and Burke, your pictures are amazing. I don't know if I have ever told you that in person.

Amy

Naima said...

Looks great! I love all of Burke's paintings and I also really love the pen and ink of the birds in the tree. Can't wait to see it in person!

Amazing you have already decorated!

Naima said...

I also like the ranunculi painting- the colors are really happy!!

Wendy and John said...

Great job, Grandad! I really LOVE the pen and ink picture of the birds in the tree.

Burke, what a great artist!

Loves to you all!

Wnedy

David and Jocelyn Bennion said...

Your digs look great Grandpa! Beautiful art.