Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Not quite Idol related but...

Before I head out today I want to share a funny experience with you all. Last night I played a video game with my Family Home Evening group called Karaoke Revolution. I did okay but at the end of the night I decided to sing the female vocal lead in a song I had never heard before. That's right the FEMALE vocal lead. Needless to say I tried to sing it an octave lower but doing that was impossible if I wanted to keep up with the song and actually do well, so I sang in falsetto the WHOLE song. After the song, and the hilarious laughter of my couleagues I felt a little strained in my vocal cords, but thought nothing of it. Now though I am a little hoarse and I have a sore throat. Lesson learned, never sing a female vocal lead, especially If you don't know it beforehand. Just a little info for all of my brothers.

5 comments:

Linda Bennion said...

Joe, You are the best. I would have loved to have heard it, but just imagining it makes me smile. I wish you were here so we could watch idol together. I feel a little funny looking forward to idol when I am trying to teach the Old Testament and the Jews had such trouble with idols....

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Noted. No more Celine Dion for my Karaoke sessions. I'll stick with the Crash Test Dummies from now on. I'll be checking YouTube from time to time to see if any friends had a video camera with them ;)... just kidding. Great story! Thanks for sharing it.

DB

Anna B said...

great story! i've never done karaoke, but have heard it's a riot. thanks for the share!

Joe said...

Well, I actually found out that I have the FLU, But still I Did take out my vocal cords with that song.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

that's hilarious, Joe! I too wish we had a video of that one. You're great.
Amy