Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Sunday walk

Sunday evening we took a 5 mile walk around a lake in Copenhagen. It was nippy and very beautiful. Daddy Donald pushed the stroller.



The homes around the lake were lovely. Many had a private dock for canoes, rowboats, or small sailboats.



Here we reinacted Christopher Plummer singing with Julie Andrews. Amy and Linda were singing "Here I am Loving You" to Don and me. (The kids were crying ... it was so touching....)



Some of the houses have thatched roofs (reminiscient of The Wheel on the School). The iron works on the peak is to prevent storks from nesting :-)





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anna B said...

great update! i love the hats on the boys--too cute. wish i could have heard amy's and mom's rendition of sound of music. good thing burkie and william enjoyed it for me :)

Robin Burton said...

My John is just cringing at the thought of Dunlap women singing!! But I know they did it with soul!! Love the pictures of Kobenhaven!