Saturday, March 22, 2008

William

The other day I overheard William. "Holy Cow! Holy Hannah! Holy Joe!" Anna and Joe's names always come in pairs in our household, so I thought this was cute.

William doesn't quite get pretending yet. While he was playing with a cousin in Arizona, Luke said, " I am a cowboy!" William said, "I am a cake. A birthday cake!" Another time, with another cousin, they had some dress up clothes on. His cousin said, "I am a king!" William said, "I am a skirt!"

In the last couple of days, William has wanted to lead scripture reading at random times of the day. So he usually opens up the scriptures (after he makes sure my hands, feet and mouth are reverent) and says something like, “Jesus. (murmur). Important. (murmur).” Then he closes the scriptures, and says, “Do you know what that means, Mommy? It means Jesus and Heavenly Father love us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.” It is pretty cute and pretty amazing. Then he’ll kneel down for prayers.

Thought we'd share some cute William stories.

2 comments:

Linda Bennion said...

Too cute. Thanks for sharing. I can just picture in my mind's eye.

Anna B said...

That is so adorable!! That kid has an amazing ability to remember and mimick. So cute!! Thanks for posting all the great pics and commentary--love it!