Tuesday, January 20, 2009

California PE Results

Last April I traveled to the bay area to take my professional licensing exam for the state of California. The test goes for two days. The first day is the national 8 hour exam. The following day two state specific exams are given (Principles of Engineering Surveying, and Seismic Principles). In addition there is a short ethics take home exam that is required. Four months later I received my results and found out that I had passed all test except for the Seismic Principles which I had missed the passing score by one point. Despite the setback I retook the Seismic principles in October in hopes of obtaining my first PE license. The California state Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (PELS) met the past 15th and 16th of January to determine the pass scores for last October’s Professional Engineering exam. An update had had been up for the past few weeks on the PELS website to explain the manner in which scores would be released following the adoption of the cut scores by the board. It is pretty common knowledge among test takers that you can actually find out if you passed a few days prior to receiving official notice in the mail by using the license lookup options connected to most state website. I, of course, had been checking the site religiously for the past few days in hopes of seeing my name listed but to no avail. When I got home today I found the letter in the mail and opened it knowing that I would have a notice telling me how close I had come without passing my exam because my name was not available that day on the website. To my immense surprise and joy I opened the following:

9 comments:

Anna B said...

AAAAAAAIIIIIIAIAIIAIAIAI!!! That's me doing the scream and the dance of joy! Congrats, congrats, congrats! Phenomenal news! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Naima said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. That is great news. You are going to do incredible!

John said...

Way to go Rob. What a great accomplishment. So few engineers do it, it will make you stand out even more. Congrats!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Wow. A huge congrats Rob! What an accomplishment! I can't do 8 hours of anything. I think that you should go buy a stamp or seal as soon as possible (like the letter says) and start stamping all of your stationary. I know I would.

Don

Don and Amy Bennion said...

What incredible news! I can just imagine the look on your face as you read the letter. Congratulations, Rob!

Amy

Robert Dunlap said...

Congratulations Rob! We are so proud of your accomplishment. Wow!

Grandma and Grandpa

Robin Burton said...

Great news for you. we are so proud and happy for you. I am with Don get that stamp. What a great accomplishment.

Richard Bennion said...

Yipee Skippy!
Well done, my good man! This is big ... Really big! Let's figure out a good way to celebrate together!
Congratulations!
Dad

Linda Bennion said...

These are the great days for moms and dads....when their children get good news! The news is made even more thrilling by your anticipation of a disappointment. We can't wait to celebrate with you!