Monday, January 19, 2009

i'm moving


This weekend Jeremy and I are moving to another apartment in NY. I just took a photo with my camera phone of our current view. We now live on the far west side of Manhattan on 50th st. and when that plane did an emergency landing last week in the river, it passed right by our building and landed in the pictured river.

Past the river is New Jersey. Sometimes when I look out the window, I imagine how the Native Indians lived in Manhattan and New Jersey pre-settlers. You can kind of imagine them canoeing over to their neighbors and engaging in trade. Maybe they would see each others fires across the river.

I'm going to miss this view. Although our new apartment is bigger and with our new apartment we will face Central Park. So I guess instead of rivers, barges, cruise ships, the intrepid, I will get to know the changing face of the leaves, flowers, the roller bladers, the children chasing squirrels.

Time for changes...

10 comments:

Linda Bennion said...

Change is a real staple of life....this sounds like a good change! Whereever one looks in New York, there is LOTS of room for the imagination to roam...I always think of NYC as a living breathing entity. Good luck and thanks for the new address!

John said...

Let me know where to show up for the move. Just need some pizza... and a round trip ticket. Actually I think this is the first time I can say "I wish I could help you move." If this is your first married move, I have one word (tow syllables) for you: GOODWILL!

John said...

make that two syllables

Naima said...

you are too funny. thanks so much!

Don and Amy Bennion said...

The new view sounds incredible as well, I hope you really enjoy it. Post pictures of the new place! Good luck with the move!

Amy

Robert Dunlap said...

Thanks for your new address. Spectacular view. New one should be terrific.

Anna B said...

Congrats! I'm with John--would love to help with that move. Thanks for the great pic. It sounds like your next view will be phenomenal as well.

David and Jocelyn Bennion said...

NYC is so big and fun. What a great place to live. Your new place sounds amazing as well. Central Park is picturesque.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Congrats on the move. The current view looks hard to beat, but Central Park sounds beautiful. Thanks for the new address. I hope to find myself in New York again someday soon.

Don

Robin Burton said...

I will be in town to give the mom seal of approval. Love you honey and I just know this location will be terrific. MOM