Sunday, April 05, 2009

say hello to my little friend

I thought I'd get a little fresh air this evening. South Carolina is lovely in the spring. So, I opened the front door, minding my own business, and there he was. I changed my mind and went back in.

I think I've mentioned before that little green frogs chill around my front door. They freak me out. I was happy, though, to see this little guy today because I've been wanting to get photographic evidence. It took some courage to take these pics (hovering inside with the door cracked just enough to take it)--I was afraid he would jump at me. But, happily, he stayed put for the full photo shoot.



And don't even think that my fears are unfounded. One rainy day Melanie and Aimee and I were heading out to get some dinner. We were in the car when I realized that I had forgotten my wallet inside. My way back in the house was blocked by one of these guys (not this one, though, since he seems pretty tame). I opened the door really quickly, found my wallet, and was rushing back to the car when the frog JUMPED AT ME! Worst case scenerio! I screamed really loud and leaped off the porch. My roomies, watching from the car, were laughing too hard to defend me.

3 comments:

Wendy and John said...

I love it. He looks pretty cute!

Love,
Wendy

Don and Amy Bennion said...

This reminds me of the rainy day that we were walking to the bus stop together by the Brintons and you saw a worm on their driveway and just stopped, stared and cried. As I recall, I just left you there and got on the bus. The bus waited while one of the Brintons helped you up the driveway. One of my prouder moments as a brother.

Do you remember this at all?

Don

Anna B said...

hahahahaha! i do remember the trauma of that driveway--not so much the abandonment part or how i ever actually managed to make it all the way up the driveway, but i remember vividly being surrounded by worms. i'm still totally scared of them.