Monday, October 20, 2008

The weekend Warriors

John and I (especially John) have been addicted to our bikes this past summer and I have always wanted to take some pictures along our routes but have always forgot or decided not to bring along the camera until this Saturday. Since John is the KOM (King of the Mountain) I think I will try and claim to be the sprinter. Either way we both wished that we had picked this up years ago. These are shots from a 30 mile ride this weekend. I believe the plan was to do a relatively flat ride with some hills. It wasn’t a killer but it wasn’t flat.

Below is the group heading out near the beginning of the ride. John is the one in yellow in the very front (We have a tendency to push the pace a bit with this group). John's neighbor, George, is sporting John's new gore jacket (very choice for cool and wet days)



In order of appearance: Rob’s shoulder, John Burke, and Brian Ekins (he doesn’t struggle to keep up)



George ascending out of the quarry and achieving maximum heart rate.

7 comments:

Anna B said...

this is so cool! i'm proud of you boys. thanks for the great pics. very choice.

John said...

Rob,

You have a future as a writer. Seriously. If I had posted I would have said here are some pics of me and Rob. I love your post, and riding with you.

David and Jocelyn Bennion said...

Great post rob. Love the pics and the part about maximum heart rate was great. I would love to get a bike and come ride with you all some time. Triathlon or something like that.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

I'm wondering if Rob had to stop the bike to take these pics. These are some incredible pictures. It really makes me want to jump on the bike with you guys. It looks like an incredible way to enjoy the Fall and nature.

Robert & Ann Bennion said...

I was stopped for the George picture, but I was riding during the others. The one with my shoulder in it was taken over my shoulder without looking.

Linda Bennion said...

So impressed with you guys Love that you are enjoying each other and the great sport of biking!

Linda Bennion said...

Hey, I want to see close ups of you guys in all your cool gear!