Sunday, July 08, 2007

Book Recommendation

I highly recommend Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander and the series of follow on novels. I just finished book 3 of the series. I have loved every one. It is a great portrayal of male friendship. The books are spectacularly written. They provided the story for the film of the same name. I was introduced after borrowing Mom and Dad's book on CD which was given to them by Uncle Burke.

Highly recommended.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell also deserves a good read.

Any book recommendations?

1 comment:

Anna B said...

I also enjoyed Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel. How did you feel about that ending?

I'm reading Oliver Twist right now, and loving it. We're also doing Jane Austen's Persuasion. It's a fantastic read, maybe her best. Thanks for the Master and Commander recommendation--I'm excited to read it.