Monday, July 02, 2007

Whaddaday

Today we saw a bunch of great stuff.

Westminster Abbey is magnificent. They don't allow photographs, but I found out about that after I took a few pictures. I didn't think repentance included erasing the photos I had already taken.




Security is tight at Number 10 Downing Street. This is as close as we could get. The guy with the machine gun eyeing us was actually very nice.



The Globe Theatre is a hoot. The stage is covered, but standing room only is open sky in front of the stage. Seating is also covered and is circular around the stage behind the SRO crowd. We saw the Merchant of Venice. I was glad to have read the Cliff notes in the program just prior to the production. We sat front row, bottom tier, center stage. It poured rain on the poor folks standing. By the end of the show I was understanding most of it.



We got home about 11:30 pm. We are packed. It is now 1:30 am and we get up at 5:00 for a taxi at 6:00 and a long plane ride at 9:15. Which brings up the question, "Why am I posting this now?"

3 comments:

Anna B said...

That is such a great picture of the globe! I'm sad that you guys are gone. What a big last day! Westminster Abbey sure is beautiful. Three cheers for the best travel bloggers yet!

And happy 4th everyone :)

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Great pictures Dad! They really turned out well! I just remembered that you have your new Nikon... it really takes terrific pictures. Thanks for the posts and welcome back to the States.

DB

Don and Amy Bennion said...

I bet London was so fun! I would love to go someday. The Abbey is amazingly beautiful...thanks for keeping the pictures so we could see! Amy